Monday, July 27, 2015

Early Notes

I was thinking about a couple of things and wanted to write them down real quick, so I wouldn't forget later :)

I really like my class. During class time, it's a culture and vocabulary lesson for me. During the breaks and after class, though, it's a culture and vocabulary lesson for my teacher. She teaches me about China, and I teach her about America. It's a lot of fun - today's lesson was about how dinners have become more and more like a wild animal museum because of all the strange things people eat, like crocodiles and ostriches and snakes and stuff. The America lesson was about national landmarks (Grand Canyon, Gateway Arch, Statue of Liberty, etc.), Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Twilight (and how bad it is), and how Harry Potter unites mine & Aric's generations lol


On another note, I was watching Running Man and apparently a few years ago they had come to Beijing. And watching this cracks me up. If you want to know what it's like sometimes, trying to order food and talking to people, skip to 48:43 and watch until about 51:34. I wish there was a clip, but I couldn't find one. But literally this is me all the time and I showed my teacher and she just laughed because she knows it's true hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment