Saturday, July 25, 2015

Lucky or Not / We've Been Tricked

So last night we went to the night market (two of them!) and then I came back and the internet was down so I couldn't post, so today's post is going to be extra long and I apologize.

YESTERDAY
Night markets! It was a lot of fun! We found two that were about a 15 minutes' walk away, and they're close to Tiananmen, so we figured why not go to both? The first one we went to was huge, it was 王府井 (Wangfujing) if anyone's wondering. Since I had directions and stuff on my phone, and it wasn't fully charged, I didn't take a lot of pictures. My friends did, but I only have what they sent to me. Anyway, we saw lots of interesting things - scorpions (still alive), centipedes, snakes, starfish, seahorse, shark, etc. I didn't eat any of that, but my friend had some scorpions :o He said they weren't bad. We found an arcade, there, though! And it had really old games... like Sega Initial D 3 & 4?? But then it also had Tekken 5??? It was so cool. Also, not pictured is a drink I got... we took a video of it haha Anyway, after wandering around through all the alleyways, we headed off to the second one... and got lost. We were walking around in the dark for a while and then somehow ended up at the exact place where we entered the Imperial Palace. We got help from a police officer from there, but it sounded like he was trying to make us go back to Wangfujing... and then suddenly we walked into the second one (东华门 Donghuamen)! They had really yummy food, too~ And then we got lost again but decided to wander around, since we were in a shopping district. We found a coin purse that said, "Duiring working I feel sad, but when see beautiful girl I am exciting," but I didn't buy it. If someone tells me real quick that they want it, I'll go back & snag one haha! Anyway, we wandered and then suddenly we were back at the subway station! But then, one stop away, the trains stopped running so we had to find a different way to get back, and cabs were ignoring us. But we eventually got one and made it back safely~

 
Corn & a banana???


Candied strawberries <3


Squid

Google maps~

Spookers

AD ERROR

My favorite ad



Dark alleys on the way

Another squid

So many things going on here...


Today
Today we went hiking! It was probably close to a 2.5 hour bus ride out to the Beijing countryside (crazy, but yes, we were still technically in Beijing!) and then there were mountains and... an amusement park!? We were supposed to go to a different mountain, but apparently the school had changed it. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to ride any of the rides (I was really upset, especially since the swing ride didn't have lines for most of the time), but it was still really nice & pretty & we all still had a good time! 





I can't remember this plant... a summer not in Covington's has ruined me :(


Ninja Warrior course?!

Archery




Dinner!













Now I'll finish my essay about the talk I had with my son about his falling in love with a very nice and successful sounding lady who is 20 years older than him... I don't even, how is this relevant to anything, what is this.

晚安,早上好! 

3 comments:

  1. The plant is called Bougainvillea. Used to have one in the back yard. Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES THANK YOU!!!

      I was staring at them forever (there were so many!!) and the name was completely escaping me! Thanks so much I feel so much better now :o

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete