Saturday, July 11, 2015

I JUST WANTED SOME PANCAKE THINGS T^T

Today we visited the Temple of Heaven and the Pearl Market! I'll start off with pictures from there:

 
Echo Wall building thing?


Pearl Market!

Pollution /:

Temple of Heaven





NO PEOPLE?!!?!




Temple again

Treated my teacher to DQ ;)

Echo wall in the background

Echo wall building

Gates

Foresty areas





It was really funny because at one point we were walking around the Temple area and some kids were talking about me right next to me. I wasn't really listening, but my teacher was (she came with us today!!) and she told me basically what had been said. We laughed, but the mom of the kids was like, "Oh, she understood you guys!" and then the little girl came up and asked in English to take a picture with me haha. So if my teacher sends me the picture, I'll post it for you. They were funny.

Also, I've decided that when I get old, I want to be like the Chinese old people. They're so awesome - they do crazy tai chi stuff and they're insanely good at hackeysack and the like and I wanna do that, too. So maybe I'll retire here lolol

After that trip, though, I was really tired. Today was really hot and the pollution was mild and I had woken up early, so I just stayed in my room for the rest of the day haha

Then, for dinner, I really wanted this pancake/crepe thing that I had seen when I went to breakfast with my teacher. Basically it looks like they're making a crepe, but on one side they put egg and black sesame, and on the other is meat and veggies. Then they fold it up and throw it in a bag for you... and it looked delicious. So I dragged my food buddies over to the restaurant and we stood at the window, which was open and there were people inside making things. And then the ladies said, "oh, no, we're not really open," and I was (read: still am) really upset. I really wanna try it!! So I'll just have to keep going back a lot. Which is fine, because the buns there aren't bad at all. This was my dinner:




Then we came back and hung out, and now I'm probably gonna watch another episode of Running Man and then go to bed. Since it's supposed to be Texas-hot this weekend, we're not really in the mood to do much... so the plan tomorrow is to take it easy. We'll probably have lunch, then take the subway over to the mall with the giant Totoro to watch a movie. I'll probably get DQ again~ looking to try that red bean and chocolate flavor~

晚安,早上好!

P.S. Sorry this post is insanely late... I've been having the craziest internet problems in the last 12 hours or so, but I think I've found a way around them for the time being so please excuse the lateness!

No comments:

Post a Comment