Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Game Show Commercial Status

777 WORDS.*

135 GRAMMAR STRUCTURES.

13 LESSONS.

1 TEST, 1 GIRL, 1 HOUR.

WILL SHE MAKE IT? WILL THE TASK PROVE ITSELF IMPOSSIBLE? TUNE IN TOMORROW MORNING (7/2/2015) AT 10AM CST** AND FIND OUT!


This is the set up for my midterm test tomorrow, and it's so unreal sounding that someone should make a dramatic commercial about it. I request lots of explosions, Michael Bay style.

So yeah. Literally I've been cooped up in my room for all but maybe an hour and a half max today. I went to a place called "Tingly Spicy Hot Pot Noodles" for lunch... but I forgot to take pictures. I had a very not spicy, vegetables-only soup and it was delicious, and then I went and got some boba tea as a mood-lifter, and came immediately back to my room to keep studying.

It sucks, but a big s/o to Jennifer for reminding me that no matter how well or how poorly I do, I'm still ranked number 1 in my class >< I have successfully eliminated the competition, so there's no one to compare against me!

On the other side of this, I skipped our WNAN activity because I feel like the midterm grade is worth more than the activity grade, especially since most of the other kids just goof off, anyway. Also we've had blue skies all day, then there was a sudden 20 minute thunderstorm, and now it's trying to act like nothing happened at all. So I'm glad I didn't go outside earlier.


Oh, and in other news, I'm being eaten alive here. After my zoo trip yesterday, I found 5 new mosquito bites: 3 on my neck (IT'S THE WORST! IT'S LIKE DEATH!) and 2 on my arms (1/arm). These are the ones that itch the most. Since then, I've found 3 more - one on my wrist, one on my thigh, and one more on my face??? I can't really tell because it doesn't really itch, but it looks like a bruise and it doesn't hurt so idk. Someone please save me.


So there's today, sorry there's no pictures. Tomorrow hopefully I'll be going to the aquarium, and then Friday morning at 5am we leave for Shanghai, so yay!

Oh, and congrats again to my "li'l" bro on getting your driver's license! I once again request that you take good care of my car! Also, I forgot to mention, you can add keychains to my keys, but when I come back, I'm replacing them with my own. A week later when I leave again, I will replace yours haha

And with that, it's back to studying. This is seriously no joke, definitely the hardest Chinese anything I've had to do so far. So... good luck, me!

晚安,早上好!

*not counting individual characters
** China Standard Time, not Central! Promise!

 

1 comment:

  1. Will be sending prayers and good thoughts your way for doing well on your test!

    ReplyDelete