Friday, June 12, 2015

2015 年 6 月 12 日

Today feels like a long day, but it wasn't longer than any other day, I guess...

Every Friday, we all have a weekly quiz over what we've learned during the week, so that was that... I don't think I did too poorly on it, so... yeah. But because we all had quizzes, I didn't know when anyone was getting out of class, so when I ran into one of my friends, we decided to go to a restaurant for lunch.

So I ate some donkey meat...

 
The best part is the door of the restaurant says, "Characteristics of food/Donkey Meat Burger".


... And it was surprisingly good? I don't know... I may or may not eat it again later on. We'll see :)

After that, some friends and I were going to go to a park. 3 of them were going to take a taxi, but two other friends and I didn't want to pay so much for it, so we decided to walk down to the subway station, since the weather was really nice today. We never actually made it to the park, but we walked a lot and saw a lot of cool things, so it was a successful adventure in my book!

 
On a street


On the way back from our walk

Not sure where/what this is, but it was cool!

An alley we walked through (the picture makes it look wider than it is)

A wall with values & other drawings

On the street still

Part of a military base? It was huge & really cool!!!

This mannequin's head, though...

I thought the sculpture was cute

A river by the subway station - people were fishing!


On our way back, we found a cute little shop with so many cute things... I felt I couldn't justify buying any of it now, but I think most of your souvenirs are coming from there, so be prepared haha

It was also a night for celebrities - in the little shop, we found framed pictures of Hilary Duff?? And for dinner I had a vegetarian dish called Lohan (it's 罗汉 for those that care, but we decided to call it the Lindsey Lohan and that's that).

Outside of that... not much else happened today. Tomorrow morning we leave for the Great Wall, so get ready for a bunch of pictures from there tomorrow.

In other news, I'm currently watching a children's show that has been dubbed in Chinese, even though the people in it are clearly speaking in Chinese?? And one of the older boys is dubbed by a woman??? I really just don't understand anything about this show... but I'm half hoping that the kindergarten show or my favorite cartoon come on after it, so I'm not changing the channel.

See you all tomorrow! 晚安,早上好!

No comments:

Post a Comment