Monday, June 8, 2015

Here Are the Pictures I Promised

From the plane:

Bye, Dallas! Love you!
TWILIGHT ZONE!
We got fancy gadgets!
Here's the route!
Beijing Airport! So big, so nice! Free wifi...
From my hotel:



My hotel room! So fancy!

My room... pic taken from the bathroom???


Sunset view of the airport - Welcome to Beijing!


Speaking of the bathroom - I mean, I know Chinese people like to talk of the phone, but even my teacher said this was weird!

Although I kind of joked about it, I think this is my new favorite show. It's a cartoon called 大头儿子小头爸爸 (Big Head Son, Small Head Dad) and it's honestly pretty great. Once it comes on, you can watch it for hours, so hopefully I'll continue to learn a lot from this! What's also great is that they call each other that - even the wife calls her husband  "xiaotou baba"!

Sprite!


From my exploring around the city:
My first real meal in China after almost 24 hours lol
A river we found as we got off at the wrong subway station... so pretty!
 
So some of the pictures got deleted and I'm too lazy to find them and figure out where they go again, so I might just post them on facebook later. Or maybe I won't. We'll see! :P

Also I apologize for the weird formatting, but I really can't fix it... it looks a lot nicer in draft form than it does after posting, but... yeah. Sorry.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you're going to have so much fun!! (and eat a bunch of good food!) Though I have to admit I love the TV show "Big Head Son, Small Head Dad"... XD .

    ReplyDelete