Saturday, June 20, 2015

Summer Palace 2015 年 6 月20 日

I've got lots of pictures, and since I can never get them to sit nicely in the finished post, I'm not gonna write much because this might be a really long post :/

But yeah. Went to the summer palace today, and while everyone else went and walked around, my teacher (she came to hang out today!) and I walked around & had better adventures :P

晚安,早安! (P.S. I'm sorry I'm obsessed with bridges - I didn't even realize it myself until after I captioned all of these pictures)

 
Really steep steps!


So many bridges & water lillies/lotuses

Lots of birds... though it's not clear

Lots of gates, too!

Flowers in the drainage area...

After we got back, 2 of my teachers & 2 other classmates went to what is known as "The Muslim Place" ... the lamb kabobs were the best~

Pretty ivy!

My teacher got me a bracelet - it's the first day of the Dragon Boat Festival (Duanwujie) & traditionally people wear this... though I didn't see anyone else wearing one lol

We stumbled upon a concert!

The top of the Summer Palace... we couldn't figure out how to get in at first


Outside of the Palace

3 languages!! This guy was so cool~

Another bridge

HA HA DRAGON BOAT (festival)

The gate opposite the Palace

Can you see the tower? (sorry, lame, but I had to)

Apparently this is a really famous bridge because it has 17 arches...

At the entrance

DRAGON OMG

This was a really long thing with traditional paintings all on the inside! Super cool...

ALL THE BRIDGES

A random painting?

Bunnies!

Summer Palace & mountains & water

THIS BRIDGE ALL THE PICS

The concert again!

Summer Palace & boats

OH LOOK ANOTHER BRIDGE

The old CCTV tower in the back

A restaurant

I found another buns restaurant... dinner!

FISHIES!

A garden!

CAN YOU BELIEVE ANOTHER BRIDGE

The horse runs in the wind, I think? I don't remember.

GUESS WHERE I TOOK THIS THAT'S RIGHT ON A BRIDGE

Lions! ON ANOTHER BRIDGE I'M SORRY

We broke the rules & climbed a large, very steep hill but still couldn't get into the Palace :(

Lions & bridges & boats & the Palace!

Also at the entrance, I think.


Another concert & a lady was dancing


Me & my teacher!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment