Friday, June 19, 2015

德州的天气应该回家 (Go Home, Texas Weather)

When I woke up, it was raining.
During class, it was sunny (my teacher walked in and was shocked because in the three minutes it had taken for her to come upstairs, it went from rainy to sunny).
It rained at the end of class (and my teacher got frustrated).
Then it was sunny again.
Then it hailed and poured down rain.
15 minutes later it was APAC Blue again, and has been this way for the rest of the day.



No cloud evidence left

Rain melted the ice too fast



Other than that, I'm really satisfied with today.

I made plans to have congee for breakfast sometime next week with my teacher (she's absolutely shocked at the amount of food I've yet to try, so I'm hoping for more field trips *wink wink*). I made plans with my conversation buddy to go to the zoo sometime (I like how none of these plans are definite, but that means it'll be a spur of the moment surprise, so I'm really excited).

For dinner, we rode the public bus to a place where we got to eat Peking Duck. It was all so delicious - I had lots of rice noodles & spinach & cabbage & duck, of course - they cut it right at our table!

The restaurant we ate at! SKATEBOARD DUCK & LION
 
Everything about this speaker.


I didn't have to move the food very far!

My table at 3 ducks.

I could only take a picture near the end, since I had to fight for food lol I sat with too many boys

Duck tacos~


After, we rode the bus back... and it was crazy. More crowded than I had imagined when in like, 4 lessons we learned that the buses were crowded and lacked air conditioning lol. There was a man to one side of me holding a pole on the other side of me, so he was my seatbelt. But I was practically pressed up against the windshield, so he really wasn't much help. Since I was there, though, I took a couple of videos of the roads & how people drive... It's crazy. I feel like I'd have to live here 5.5 years before I'd be able to understand the bike laws, much less the actual vehicle laws. And from what I've seen, most taxis drive standard... it's crazy.



These pictures are bad, but I couldn't move.


Since we got back before everyone else (we got split up between buses & some people on our bus got off a stop early), I stayed & talked to one of my teachers... who then treated me to boba & a waffle thing from a Hong Kong snack place (I just finished it - it's delicious [okay, I'll be honest, everything I've eaten here has been delicious... I just realized that I keep saying that everything is delicious and it probably sounds redundant, so I apologize] and I'll probably try different kinds of it later!). It was totally worth it, but I really like to hang out with my teachers, anyway. They help me with my speaking, and they like me, too, so I get the DL on a lot ;D




Okay, time to sit around and watch TV or something! We're going to the Summer Palace first thing in the morning, so while everyone goes out and gets drunk, I'm gonna stay here and play computer games or something and maybe actually enjoy sightseeing tomorrow (and keep all my stuff... last week was a mess). 晚安,早安!

No comments:

Post a Comment