Saturday, June 13, 2015

So... Tired...

Today we went to the Great Wall.

And it was a blast! I had lots of fun!

But there was so much effort involved... I'm so tired... and I won't be able to move tomorrow (although, I don't think I'll be the only one [for various reasons]).

There's not really much to say, since I spent most of my morning up in the mountains and the rest of the day was spent in my room, lazing around because I wanted to nap but never actually got around to it. So... pictures (in no particular order because I give up on any kind of formatting for this blog):

They were everywhere. & this could be considered "normal size"

Mountains

A view from the wall

The flags say "Great Wall"... but you can't see it...

One of my teachers! Please excuse my awful derp.

He poses the same way!?!?

The air is so clear & the weather was really nice today!

But we're already on the mountain, so...

Apparently there was a drama filmed here...


As we were getting close... if you can't tell, I really like landscape & sky shots, so be prepared...

Crop fields of some sort!

Just some flowers

I think this was in the touristy area before the Wall

On our way there...

We were almost to the Wall

I guess it's called "Great" for a reason

From the stairs looking up at the Wall

A bridge with people on it.

On our way there


A nice abandoned entrance gate

A thing I saw.

At the touristy place before the Wall

On our way, I think? On our way back?

While I was resting with my teacher

A river/lake thing?

The sun was hot, but if you walked up to one of these breaks, there was a strong, cool breeze! So nice~

When we first arrived

From the wall?

TBH not really sure why I took this picture

Farms

Like rest stops on the stairs!

This was like a fish fence, but I missed most of the fish :(

The glare is strong with this one

Flowers while we were waiting for everyone to come back down

So pretty!

Almost to the Wall again, I think

To get on the Wall, after the stairs, climb this.

I tried to count, but lost track close to 600 just past the halfway point. So we all probably climbed up over 1100 steps, and some of us descended them, too :o This is why I'm so exhausted.

A bee!

Mountains~

Lanterns~

It just keeps going on forever and ever amen.

A very dynamic pose


 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Had a cool adventure on the Great Wall! I love the pics of the flat family cruising the wall...

    ReplyDelete