Wednesday, June 24, 2015

对不起 (我的中文不好 哈哈) -

Sorry!

Last night my usual schedule was disrupted for various reasons, and I only realized this morning that I forgot to post :o

So this post will be a combo! Which is fine, since the pollution these past two days has been awful. Like, really really bad. That, in combination with the fact that my homework load has suddenly increased significantly, means that I've spent the majority of the past two days holed up in my room, staring out the window at buildings I can no longer see. Hopefully tomorrow will be better~

So yesterday... a couple of friends and I went to a Korean restaurant for lunch! It was really good... I got to try Bibambop! It's delicious~ Although the bowl was just consistently really hot, so my rice got overcooked because I didn't move it around enough :( it was still good, though, even if it was really spicy.




Also one of my friends commented that we don't have napkins here, but just tissues everywhere. So here he is with a tissue bib. (and some silverware that I drew)




Outside of that, nothing really happened but homework. 
So moving on!

Today I also didn't do much, but it was a WNAN! We didn't go far today - we walked to one of the park-ish areas on campus and met up with a girl who taught us some kind of tai-chi/kungfu stuff! It was really cool, although I don't know why my classmates even bother to really show up to these things, because they just goof off and complain about everything. There were lots of people taking graduation pictures around us, so of course they'd take pictures of the Americans being silly, so that's all my classmates talked about the whole time. But yeah, it was super cool and I'm gonna keep practicing the moves we learned, so hopefully I'll remember them when I come home and I can show them to you all! :D

I think the best part of today happened during our rest - during our lesson, a whole bunch of small children on bikes and skooters kept riding through our lines, and during the break, one kid rode through and yelled, "EXCUSE ME!" in English. Naturally, we were all impressed, so the kid stopped and started talking to us in English, and he was cracking me up! He speaks better English than a lot of us, so he was correcting us there, and whenever my classmates would try to speak Chinese, he'd correct them there, too! It was hilarious. He also said that anything is possible if we think we can do it, so we can definitely ride to the Amazon Rainforest (from here), ride through it in 7 months, and return here. We would only need to come back, though, if we bought his bike. He told us he'd give it to us for 7000, so we asked if he meant RMB or American dollars. He thought about it a bit, and then replied, "7000 pounds!" So not only is he asking for more than he bought the bike for (1600RMB), but he's also asking for more in a currency that's worth more. I was laughing so hard, this kid is awesome. I hope I can meet him again & talk to him so more hahaha

In other news, my friend and I purchased half of a watermelon today, and it was delicious. For anyone wondering, I ate it in the proper method (and not with a fork!), although I didn't have any marshmallows, so that was a bummer (lolol). But I ended up eating most of it, so we finished it!




Anyway, let's all hope for better weather tomorrow~
晚安,早上好!

No comments:

Post a Comment