Thursday, June 18, 2015

Grocery Stores Are My Best Friends

I know of 3 grocery stores on campus, and I go to all three so often that I worry about the cashiers and attendants recognizing me and judging me... but that doesn't keep me from going.

If only they sold T-shirts...

So I've been asking all the Beijing people I know about where good places to buy clothes are, and I now know of two good places. Today, a friend and I walked down to a department store that my teacher told me about. It was really interesting... there were so many shoes there, though, it was kind of crazy. There was also an underground Wu-Mei, and that was interesting. We walked around, but neither of us ended up buying anything, so we just walked back and stopped by a couple of small shops on the way back. We also went to the Taiwanese restaurant for lunch again, and it was super delicious. A lot of my classmates have been commenting (read: complaining) that they're tired of Chinese food already (I really don't understand it... Chinese food is delicious and there are so many things to eat!!), so I haven't been eating with people recently because I still want Chinese food :) I'm not lonely or anything, though, so no need to worry! The teachers have been taking good care of me, and I still have a couple of comrades-in-Chinese-food, so I don't eat alone very often! Anyway, pictures:

 
There was a whole Pucca wall in the mall :O


Painting? Graffiti?

Either way, they're pretty!

Kept almost falling...

Waterfalls! But gross...

Worst idea ever.

All sorts of drawings!

My delicious lunch!


So after lunch, we went to one of the grocery stores to pick up some stuff, and on the way back, we saw kitties! I actually haven't seen very many cats around, so I was kind of sad, but slowly I'm sure I'll start seeing more, so it's okay! And I'm still looking out for the magpies, don't think I'm not!

 
Milk Shanks, anyone?


COME BACK, KITTIES!


Then I came back to my room, did my homework, and realized that I didn't get some things that I still needed from the grocery store earlier. So I went to a different one and got a bunch of stuff (I also needed to break a large bill, so there was more motivation lol). On the way back, since I was by myself, I stopped & took pictures of some flowers. There are some Chinese roses that I wanna take pictures of, but there were people in the way in that garden, so I'll have to do it later.









And thus ends my day! Now I have a 4-lesson quiz tomorrow morning that I need to study for, so I'm off to do that. 晚安,早安!

No comments:

Post a Comment