Wednesday, June 17, 2015

2015 年 6 月 17 日

Today, compared to the last two days, was a lot more eventful.

But I don't think that made it any better...

And I need to remember to go to the grocery store tomorrow! Breakfast...

Anyway. During class today, we took a field trip to the Foreign Students Office on campus... the weather was way better than it had been, so it was a nice break (especially since it was in the middle of class!).

For lunch, one of my friends really wanted pizza, so who was I to complain? I took him back to Tube Station xD




After lunch, I met up with my conversation buddy! We walked around campus for a bit & talked about the different kinds of flowers, but then it started thundering, so we went back inside & watched all the people without umbrellas run. It really poured down hard, so we felt bad for them and gave them tissues when they came inside. We talked about a lot of things, but I managed to extract a good shopping location out of her (finally - no one's telling me anything, and I just want to buy like, at least 3 shirts)! So hopefully tomorrow I'll go shopping, since on Friday we're going to have Peking Duck for dinner and Saturday we'll be going to the Summer Palace - look forward to all of that!



I came back up to my room for these


Lotus flower about to bloom!


Tonight, for WNAN, we went to Beijing JingJu (it's basically the traditional opera). And let me just say, I feel like it was the worst airplane ride ever condensed into an hour-long opera. There were so many sounds going on for the music, but it never really came together, and I felt that the singing was a bit out of tune... and it was crazy high-pitched. All of it. And the kid sitting behind me is huge, so he couldn't get comfortable and kept kicking the back of my chair. I've got an awful headache - but no worries, I had some ice cream, and once I finish this post, I'll write a 200 character essay, take a shower, and go to bed. I'm so tired. But we're coming up on the end of week 2 of 8... I have mixed feelings. I feel like it's still a long time, but I also feel like it will go by really quickly, and I'm not really excited for that. I wish I had come here to study for a semester... but I'm kind of glad I didn't because I'm done with SMU's Abroad Office. So done with them.

 
A man posed for us before the opera


Flowers on the highway

On the way

More flowers

He didn't once tumble...

On the way

It's actually pretty close!

The operas we saw...

It rained a lot

There's a needle building in the back... I wanna go there!


But yeah. It was a pretty busy day! I'm ready for it to be Sunday (haha). 晚安,早安! 

Edit: I forgot to add my favorite lines from the operas! The first is, "Buddha is holy," like we weren't sure or something. I giggled a bit at that one, especially since it literally came out of nowhere. There was nothing leading up to that. My other favorite line is, "You can talk, but don't scare my son while he's peeing." The lady was holding a baby doll, not even very convincingly, and... oh man, it was just really funny. Like, of all the things to say... that's what you chose. A+ opera.

No comments:

Post a Comment