Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Things I Do For You...

I'm so tired and not in the mood for posting, but I'm doing it anyway.

Because I love you all.

So today I woke up in time to not eat breakfast, because we were meeting in the lobby at 10:30am for lunch. We took a 15-20 minute walk to the place, and it was hot pot! So good... we had lamb, beef, spicy pork, 2 different kinds of mushrooms, something that looked like cucumber but wasn't, lotus roots, leafy greens, 3 kinds of noodles, & lots of watermelon! >< I ate a lot.

Lamb, mushrooms, melons, tomatos

Boiling the beef!

The basic setup

Even more basic?

This guy made noodles for us. When he noticed people videoing, he flung the dough toward the camera... one of my friends screamed hahaha

Adding more water

Then our teachers came to our tables and told us that they had a surprise for us - we got to learn the dance to Xiao Ping Guo (Little Apple - one of the few popular happy sounding Chinese songs), and as it's actually a song that I know somehow, I had to learn the dance. So I did. And my teacher got a picture or video of it... Luckily I don't know where that is, so I can't show you all! :P Anyway, if you're interested, you can watch these small children dance because it's the same moves, but much cuter than if you were to see about 7 of us goofing off :)

After lunch, we went back to the dorms, and after I made a quick trip to the supermarket, we went to the Silk Market! It was super cool looking, but too pricy for me, even if I bargained haha I'm so stingy. Maybe, but only if I like you enough, I'll go get your souvenirs from there instead of the stationary shop :P 

 
Silk Market building


A closer look

I just like that it said "donot"

Lychee water... surprisingly delicious!

Peach jello drink?! Also good~

As we left the Silk Market...


We took a cab back to campus, because apparently a 15 minute walk to the subway (and the actual subway itself) was more than the kids could handle -.- [yes, after today, I really feel justified in calling 75% of my classmates "children", probably in the range of 2-4 years old]. But on the way, we passed the Lama Temple again, so that was neat.

 
Lama Temple


The cab ride back


For dinner, we went to this place called Tube Station, where they try really hard to be American. Shrek 2 was playing on the TV, but they were playing American hip-hop over it (think Eminem, Drake, and 90s rap???)... but the pizza was delicious. I ate 4 pieces ^^ now everyone knows my true nature as a fatty, but they tried to make me feel better (????) by saying I could do worse with my life, like get addicted to drugs... I just like pizza so I wasn't really sure why they felt they had to make me feel better >>

 
I pretty much ate half of this myself.


The restaurant is actually upstairs!

I'm still confused about this combo.

4 of these, guys.



But yeah. Now I'm full and sleepy, but I'm posting and now it's time to prepare for tomorrow's lesson. I get to meet a Chinese student who attends here, and she's going to be my conversation buddy! She'll help me with Chinese, I'll help her with English! I'm really excited! But more on that tomorrow. For now, 晚安,早上好!

No comments:

Post a Comment