Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Notes 2

  • First day of class was not too bad... we went over a lot, but during the breaks my teacher helped me find places on a map, so I learned a lot about Beijing, too!
  • Chinese commercials are the best... I wish I could find some on youtube for you all, but I can't. So bear with me while I describe them. Maybe I'll find them later.
    • Cheetos?: Two guys sitting on a couch, one eating cheetos in slow motion. The other man comes over and says, "No! Eat them like a man!" But the guy says, "No, eat them like this!" He slowly eats one and it turns into a cartoon where the second guy is just really amazed and ends up dumping his bag of cheetos on his face??? I don't even know...
    • Jello??: There's some jelly stuff and they always sing a song that goes "Rock and Roll! Ah! Ah! Ah!" and people are shaking their butts in the camera and rolling the jelly around in a cup to cover it with something vaguely like pixie stick powder????
    • And then there are a lot of other commercials that are in drama form:
      • A man rides his bike through various scenic places, stops and is out of breath. Possibly dying. Then a car drives by with a little girl in the back seat, and then suddenly it's stopped next to the bike guy and the little girl is handing him a bottle of water that is half her size and then everyone is good?
  • My friend and I went on a subway adventure today (we went to a temple! I'll post pictures of the day later), and as we were walking, I was cracking up because there are so many cars parked on the sidewalk. Like, to the point where some buildings have just made parking spots on the sidewalk so people aren't blocking up the whole thing. But half of the cars... I have no idea how they even got to where they were parked, and I have no idea how they're going to be moved later. So... good going?
  • There is a show called "Blazing Teens" and it's like a yo-yo competition? And there is another show called "Fall in Love Kindergarten" and literally it just looks like some sassy kindergarteners... I have yet to find either show, but I really am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment